Friday, October 30, 2020

IF - by King


 


 
IF

by  King



If I die today,
Would tears flow,
like a rushing river ?
Or the clouds weep,
screaming in thunder ?
Would the earth break,
shaking in anger ?
Will the world care ?
And for a moment,
forget laughter ?

If I'm down
to my final heartbeat.
Will anyone be there,
sitting beside me ?
When I draw,
the very last breath.
Will you hold my hand,
and feel upset ?

If I go,
without saying goodbye.
I want you to know,
that I really tried.
To live and love,
to endure and smile.
To find the truth,
in this realm of lies.

If I'm fated
of leaving soon
to talk with God,
in his glowing room.
I'll be rejoicing,
when I face my doom.
Even I end like a flower,
that withered,
before it blooms.

If inside the casket I lay,
Would there any heaven for me to stay ?
Or will my sins, demand me to pay ?
Don't even know, how much this life has weighed.

If it's my time, to step on the scale.
Done of my part, in this play.
A lot of regrets,
but nothing more to say.
Wish me luck.
If I die today.







 

No comments: