Monday, February 15, 2021

REMEMBER WELL, REMEMBER NOT - by Edmund Wong, Hong Kong







REMEMBER  WELL,  REMEMBER  NOT

by Edmund Wong, Hong Kong



When you should see the passing of the train,
Remember not the voice that trails behind;
When you should hear the falling of the rain,
Remember not the day that once was fine.


Imagine, instead, the meadow that we’ll sit
On hand in hand beneath the linden tree;
If you are weak against the taxing heat, 
I will then let you hop on me, as free
As clouds, and wander over the tranquil vale
And brook, where I pick roses up along,
Whose odor I can’t tell, in the mild gale,
From my sweet Lily’s native scent, so strong
That it sets off the passion of my sweats.
We need not books of tales to pass our time,
Nor time will seize the treasure in our chests,
For you‘re my fairy queen who lives in mine.


When you should see the passing of the hearse,
Remember well the reason of this verse,
Be not sorry, nor sad, and miss me like a fool,
As all of me is nothing else but you.





 

 

No comments: