Friday, September 11, 2020

FORGIVENESS - by Roberto Rigby






FORGIVENESS

by   Roberto  Rigby



What can I say about what I've done ?
I miss the laughs we shared, how we had fun.
Now we don't talk; we're complete strangers.
How did our problems become this major ?
I was too blind to ever see
How much you really did care for me.
I threw it away and hurt you deeply.
I cry inside thinking how it could be.
We became so close in such a short time,
And I know that I'll never find
Another friend like you, someone who was true,
Honest and caring,
Could tell you anything and you wouldn't mind.
How can someone find a person so kind ?
You didn't deserve the way it ended.
Because of all this, I wish I was dead.
I should've found another way.
Maybe we could still kick it and not be away.
I called you my sister and meant every word.
Now part of my soul is gone, feels like part of my heart was cut by a sword.
It's all my doing, this whole mess,
And I must confess all I wanted was to be a brother to you.
All true, though you'll probably never believe it.
I never wanted all this drama bit.
I'm not asking for you to talk to me,
'Cause I know our friendship can never be.
All I ask is for true forgiveness,
And if you can find it in your heart, then I'll go about my business.
I'll never be the same.
I'll live with the shame.
I'm sorry for hurting you; I wish you happiness.
To my friend, my sister,
Please, all I want is forgiveness.









 

No comments: