Thursday, October 24, 2019

I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU - by Heather Ann Doss-davidson

 
 


I'LL  NEVER  FORGET  YOU

by Heather Ann Doss-davidson


I'll never forget you.
So pure and so true
Was my love, my love for you.

You were my best friend,
The one I could count on.
Then you left me
And our friendship was gone.

I lost my best friend
And my first love in one day.
I never thought I could feel this way.

My soul is lonely
And my heart is in pain.
My tears fall hard,
As hard as the rain.

You say you love
And care about me still,
But I have a hard time believing,
Believing it's real.

You shut me out
And push me away.
Is this what you want,
For me to hurt everyday?

What's holding you back?
Why don't you want me?
Did I do something wrong,
Or is it that you just don't love me?

We had something special
And you know you can't deny it.
So why do you try so hard,
So hard to fight it?

I really love you
With all my heart.
I always have,
From the very start.

You were my baby,
My other half.
You made me smile,
You made me laugh.

You made me happy,
You made me shine.
I miss you,
You were mine!

Memories of you
Play through my head,
I keep thinking about
The things that you said.

You told me once,
" We'll last forever."
When did forever
Turn into never?

I didn't see it coming,
The end of us for good.
I thought we'd be together,
Just like you said we would

I don't know what happened,
But I know my love for you
Will last forever and ever.
This vow will always stay true.

So wherever you decide to go in life
And whatever you decide to do,
I know in my heart
That I will never forget you.