Thursday, October 31, 2019

THE LAST TEAR - by John Tren




THE  LAST  TEAR

by John Tren




The winds of this emotional wasteland steadily blow
Leaving tearful trails upon my reddened cheeks
I reflect upon such a painful past
Of a tattered landscape littered with spent hopes


Oh God…… these tears are filled with overwhelming grief
The guilt is heavy with each breathless sob
For I failed to perceive their irretrievable loss
And so profound is this sorrow I keep………


For this very reason, I carry a broken heart
Consumed by a numbing and emotional static
While I gaze upon life's black and white memories
Now and forever, stained by the contrasts of insanity


My last tear has fallen upon this barren stretch
As I navigate these ruins with a deliberate caution
Upon the rising sun, I leave my darkness behind
And take another step towards the dim light of hope