Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A ROSE IN BLOOM - by Caroline Gavin



A  ROSE  IN  BLOOM


by  Caroline Gavin


Lovely rose,
Brilliant in bloom,
Beautiful vision
My heart to consume.


Lord Jesus, may I be
As one of these:
Beautiful, fragrant
Your heart to please.


As the bloom withers,
As the petals do fall,
May I remember
Dust we are all.


As the rose petals
With earth become one,
May I recall the promise
Of You, God’s Son.


Eternal life we find
When to ourselves we die;
We become one with You
When flesh we crucify.


Glorious truth
Expressed in the flower;
Over death my Savior
Holds eternal power.


I recall always You:
Your pain on Calvary;
I envision always You:
Your agony in Gethsemane.


Lovely You are, Master
Loveliest of all;
Deepest of pain You embrace
To save me from the Fall.


As the soft bud, then,
Emerging from earth,
I stretch and embrace
You and Your Rebirth.


Lord Jesus, I vow to be
Ever as one of these:
Beautiful and fragrant
Your heart to please.


You are the loveliest Rose,
Brilliant in bloom,
Your love for me forever
Does my heart consume.



No comments: