Friday, June 21, 2019

WHAT A PLEASURES HE FOUND Original in Persian by Ghalib Translated by Ravi Kopra





WHAT  A  PLEASURES  HE  FOUND



Original in Persian by Ghalib

Translated by Ravi Kopra 




You say you’ll keep my heart, “if lying around I found.”
What heart now to lose? Our destiny, haven’t already I found?


The essence of life through love I found
Curing some pains, unending suffering I found


Enemy of my heart is my own beloved
Shrugs off my sighs, hears not the complaints I found


In her playful innocence and games
Her cunning challenges I found


The buds blossomed today, I looked into my heart
Past sufferings of wounds and bleedings I found


I don’t know the where-abouts of my heart
But whenever I lost it, by you it was found


The preachers admonitions threw salt on my wounds
Would some body ask him what pleasures he found ?








No comments: