Sunday, June 16, 2019

THE POET AND THE REST OF CREATION - by Anonymous


 




THE  POET  AND  THE  REST  OF  CREATION 

by Anonymous


 Up comes the sun with merry light
And puts the dark to rout;
It makes a very pleasant sight
For me to write about.


The river flowing to the sea
Slips cheerily along;
It's quite the proper thing for me
To celebrate in song.


The mountains rise on either hand
Majestical to view,
And I shall find them very grand
To write a sonnet to.


The ocean stretches far and wide,
It fills a mighty cup;
Some day I surely shall decide
To write the ocean up.


The city with its rapid stream
Of mortals gay or wan,
Will make a very jolly theme
To write an ode upon.


So many pretty things I see
Within the horizon's hem,
And all are waiting anxiously
For me to write of them.



 
  





No comments: