Friday, November 15, 2019

MY LOVE TO YOU - by Candace Marie Galloway







MY  LOVE  TO  YOU  

by Candace Marie Galloway



I saw you smile
I heard you laugh
I felt your touch
Your warm embrace


I was scared
But you showed me it was okay
I hurt you 
And you forgave me


You loved me
You held me
When I cried tears of sadness
You wiped them away


You showed me how to love
You showed me how to be loved
You made me smile
You made me laugh


You've given me so much
I've given you so little
But you still stand by me
You still love me
For all this, I love you


I love you for helping me
For holding me
For listening to me
For talking to me


I love you for guiding me
For being my strength
For allowing me to be yours


I will love you through thick and thin
Through heartache and tears
Through love and smiles


I love you more than you know
I love you more than it shows
Why?  Because I'm afraid of letting go
Afraid of hurting
Afraid of hurting you
But it's time


It's time for me to show you
It's time for me to let go
It's time for me to love you


Not just a little 
Or a lot
But completely


So I give you my heart
To cherish and love
Forever, ever, and always