Tuesday, January 14, 2020

ALONE - by Rachel N. Whitney


 


 ALONE  


by Rachel N. Whitney



I hide all my pain from the world,
cause I may be alive,
but I'm dead inside.
I will not let the real me show,
because I'm unaware of who that is.


Nobody understands all the misery I go through,
they don't understand all my pain and strife.
Loneliness is what I feel,
I'm nothing, not cared for, not loved.


I feel as if I've fallen into a black hole,
and can't escape.
No one here to comfort me,
in this hell I live.


I ask the lord, "Why ?"
but there is no response.
So I turn to the devil,
but he laughed in my face.


I have now realized what I am.
I am a spirit, wandering the Earth.
Invisible to all, non-existent.
At least that's how I feel.


Darkness... Emptiness... Loneliness...
I am in hell,
My world,
Alone.