Tuesday, January 14, 2020

PRISONER WITHIN ME - by Jessica Leicht







PRISONER  WITHIN  ME

by Jessica  Leicht




Sitting back in my corner, lonely as a dove, 
starving for anyone to give me some love,
my heart has been broken ever so long.
The man I dreamed of spending 
the rest of my life with is now gone.
My heart aches with sorrow,
but I'm always praying for better tomorrows.
The tears have fallen, pain has been felt.
I'm hoping that with the company of a loving man 
he can mend my broken heart.
When that man comes along,
will I let him into my life 
or will I feel he doesn't belong ?
He may be Mr. Right 
but so many men have hurt me in the past 
send him to the door I just might.
For five years the man I thought I could count on 
for everything  violated   my rights.
The crying went on for years and still does many nights.
Now that my father is around all the time,
in the back of my mind I'm wishing he would just die.
When I look at him I see my horrible childhood in his eyes.