Friday, July 26, 2019

ABSENCE - by Jamie Harris Coleman




ABSENCE


by   Jamie Harris Coleman



When I am absent, sweetheart,
And you are left alone;
Will you spend your time in sighing
For me to come back home ?


How well I know you’ll miss me,
For I know that I’ll miss you;
Tho’ we may be far apart, dear,
Yet my love for you will be true.


I often sit and wonder,
And life’s love song repeat;
Ah! because I love you only,
Is what makes life so sweet.


With you alone I’m happy,
And when we are apart I sigh;
I wish each moment and hour,
That you were ever nigh.


O tell me, sweetheart, when I’m absent,
Do you love me as when I’m near;
Do you yearn for my returning,
Do you sigh or shed one tear ?


The roses bring sweet fragrance,
And twilight brings the dew;
The birds sing songs of gladness,
Ah! true love will bring me to you.
















No comments: