Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I'M COMING HOME - by Devon Lee Wall




I'M COMING HOME



by  Devon Lee Wall




I remember the first time I touched her hand,
And the sweet things I did, to become her man.
I wooed her with roses, poetry, and long walks.
I fell in love, oh how I enjoyed those long talks.
Now there is distance between us.
I want the comfort of my dear,
And to hold her so near.
I will come the many miles,
And I just want to see that warm smile.
I'm truly in love, it's so easy to see.
I knew she was the one for me.
My heart I pledge to thee.
I will give my all for the love of thee.
This love is so true, and pure as the dove.
It was as if this love was touched from up above.
Oh! this is so true, my lovely rose,
And I will forever love you, my sweet rose.
The summer day has nothing on thee,
And with thee I feel so free.
You make me want to be a better man.
I want to take you by the hand,
And remind you how much you mean to me.
I love you, and you love me,
And I want the whole entire world to see.
The one chance to kiss you again,
And to you I will always come, again and again.
In your heart you keep letting me in,
And we will dance under the moonlight.
Because the future we have is so bright,
And I know I'm so right.
It's so sweet, like when the birds sing,
Or when the church bells ring.
Oh! the joy this love does bring.
It's like the welcome of spring,
And the sound of your name makes that sweet ring.
Your soft touch lights a fire in my soul,
And together we form this great whole.
This love I feel is so blessed,
And we will be together on earth and in rest.
So special you will always be to me,
And it will forever be you and me.
We are two souls that were meant to be.
Hold on baby, you never have to be alone,
Because, baby, I'm coming home.
Yes! I'm coming home.













No comments: