Saturday, March 21, 2020

I REMEMBER WHEN - by Casandra Marie Arinaga





I  REMEMBER  WHEN

by   Casandra Marie Arinaga



I remember when you didn't 
want to let me go 
let alone leave your sight,
because of your fear of me not coming back
I remember when you wouldn't stop kissing me
because you thought of everyone as the last.
You made it matter.


I remember when you would say, “I Love You”
Over and over because you always wanted me to know.
I remember when I would come first
no game or phone call was before me.
Because you wanted me to know that,
you were all mine.


I remember when you would send
me a little text in the middle of the night.
Just to tell me how much you loved and missed me.
I remember when you would miss me
the second you couldn't feel me,
and the second I wasn't there.


I remember when you used to look at me 
with love in your eyes and care in your touch
because you always wanted me know.


But now as the time has passed
all those have stopped, but not because you don't care.
But cause you feel as if you have done your part.
The part that has got me to fall deeply in love with you.
But just because I love you,
Doesn't mean you can't show you care.
Because with the care comes more love.
So, the less care you show, the less love we will have.
And we need our love to keep us 
             ...TOGETHER...