Sunday, March 29, 2020

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ? - by Maha Aliyah Fadle


 



 
                        

WHERE  DO  WE  GO  FROM  HERE ?

by  Maha Aliyah Fadle



I wish loving you was easy.  
I wish it did not come with all the problems it did.  
We both have done our share of wrong in this relationship, 
but where does everything stop ?   
When will the time come where we can hold one another 
and be 100% true to one another ?  


Loving you was the best thing for me.  
It showed me things I never thought I could feel for another.  
Loving you is true and pure, 
but our actions towards one another beg to differ.  
How do we love and do the things we do ? 


I know the love is there.  
I know we do not want to leave each other's side.  
I ask you about the lies, the cheating and all the broken promises.  
I ask you to tell me what we will become.   
I ask you to tell me the truth.


I want more from us. I want more of us. 
I want us to be happy together, but how do we go about that?  
How do we go from what we have made our relationship 
to what we want our relationship to be?  
Is there even a relationship ?  I ask you to tell me.  
I ask you to help me realize what is going on.  
I ask you, "Where do we go from here?"