Saturday, March 21, 2020

INNER THOUGHTS - by Patricia Clare Doiron





INNER  THOUGHTS

by Patricia Clare Doiron



My heart and belief in you was shattered,
What the heck was I thinking anyway,
But, facing the facts was all that mattered.


It has helped me to get over you,
My thoughts have now dwindled,
After all, what I believed wasn`t true.


We were both attracted to one another,
Yet, we never crossed the line,
Because we both had a significant other.


Thinking of you, filled me with a constant passion,
And I must admit, it was something I was lacking,
Just the thought of seeing your eyes put me in traction.


Did we both have each other mesmerized?
Oh well, whatever you call it,
We both realized we could only be idolized.


We shared a brief moment in time,
That lasted for years and years,
And still may cross each others mind.


So, our thoughts will pass, memories will fade,
But that`s okay, it was all good in the end,