Tuesday, May 5, 2020

BREAK UP - by Vin Lan - Kenya


 


BREAK  UP


by  Vin Lan  -  Kenya




We planned it all, and Monday was the D-day
I hesitated but my instincts wouldn’t let me stay
I had no expectation but I knew I had
something to learn
I pretended to be happy but inside I was stern
I knew we had a lot to talk but to start was hard
Losing my manly pride proved too tricky and hard
I never wanted to create any wrong impression
But I had to show you that above all am an exception 
Most of your pals had known me, and they all hate
I had nothing against them but still they will talk to date
All the same life is life and I have to live
Regardless of the circumstances I will never grieve
Time came and we met, you still looked as before
You grinned at me but I wished I had a
smile to restore
You tried hiding the pain but the eyes showed it all
I wished I could change it now once and for all
We walked away holding hands, the grip was strong
We both had mixed feelings but I knew we weren’t wrong
We were undecided on where to go, call it confusion
Wishing everyone could come up with an
idea or rather an illustration
Finally we made up our minds, Sizzlin was the place
We walked reluctantly but I had to keep up the pace
We sat down facing each other and you looked uneasy
My hands became wet and my phone got greasy
The future is true, but only for those who
embrace the past
The silence persisted for a while, I had to
break it with a blast
You told me how hard it had been and I
realized it was mutual
I tried hard to hide my emotions, so I made my talk casual
Every word from your mouth made me
believe all is lost
I couldn’t explain any bit of it, I had to stand the cost
The feeling grew stronger, and I had to make a confession
Your face turned blurred, I lose the words of expression
After every storm comes sunshine, but that
didn’t seem to happen
You promised not to turn back, regardless of what happens
I had no other option, so I had to respect your talk
I never wanted to insist, neither did I wanted to stalk
I never start what I can’t end, it was time to part
We walked side by side, but at last I knew
we would be apart
I had wished that time wouldn’t come, I had a lot to say
Talking about the good past, my aim was to make you stay
You insisted on going, you said you were tight and it was late
Every word I said meant nothing, just like an empty plate
Giving up has never been an option, ad prefer a break
I hate to be the source of pain, not to talk of an heartbreak
I never believed in ‘old is gold’, now I know its existence
I can still feel the gap u left, so don’t blame
my persistence