Monday, May 11, 2020

DON'T EVER - by Ashley E. Loper





 DON'T   EVER 

by  Ashley E. Loper



Don't ever walk my way,
don't ever look me in the eye.

Don't ever say you loved me,
don't make me start to cry.

Don't look back,
don't turn around,
just keep on singing your song.

The song of heartache,
the song of cruelty,
where did our love go wrong?

My reflection in the mirror,
staring back at me.

My face looks so sad,
my soul looks so lost,
I need to find the key.

The key to open
the door full of happiness and life.
My pain is so bad
you couldn't slash it with a knife.

The pain will always be there,
the agony will never fade.

Without you I'm lost, 
I wander, 
my mind astray.

I know I'm strong,
I could get through this if I try.

I know you never really loved me 
and now I ask myself why?

Why didn't I see it before?
Was I to blind and stupid to realize
that you didn't see me as a woman?
I was just a tramp in your fierce eyes.
But now I'm trying to pick up the pieces,
to mend the bleeding wound.
Someday I'll learn to love again,
someday very soon...