Sunday, August 18, 2019

LETTING GO IS HARD SOMETIMES !! - by Lauren F Anderson





LETTING  GO  IS  HARD  SOMETIMES  !!



by Lauren F Anderson




I know you have to leave me
And things will never be the same.
The tears won't stop falling
And all I feel is pain.


I will never forget the fun times we had
But now all that is left are memories-
Those will never fade. 
I just have to think about the past;
It's the only way to make those good times last.


Life's full of ups and downs;
I guess I just have to deal.
I'm not sure how you did it
But my heart you did steal.


Your words are sweet and kind;
This is something I never thought I'd find.
My happiness just seems to be slowly fading away
And everything would be different now
If only you could stay.


I guess that's why I hate to get attached,
Because I'll be caught in this dreadful trap
And in the end, alone again,
My mind just might snap.


I remember the first time I saw you.
I told Liz you would be mine.
And sooner or later you were, all you needed was time.
I want so much for you to have the feelings I do
And for you to understand me
And me to understand you, too.    
   

I just wish you could hold me forever
And never let me go.
Maybe we can be together again... 
I wish I could know.


There are many questions to ponder in my mind
And many answers I hope to eventually find.  
Sometimes letting go of things is very hard to do.
There's no regret from me and I hope none from you.


I know this isn't love but everything before.
I wish I could see my future and what I have in store.






















No comments: