Sunday, August 4, 2019

SAILING OFF INTO THE SUNSET - by Christopher Tye






SAILING  OFF   INTO  THE  SUNSET   


by Christopher Tye 




Sailing off into the sunset heading off for the new world,
Wondering if I will ever see these shores again,
Following the sun as it dips below the horizon,
Heading off to unknown places in this old galleon.


Sailing off into the sunset leaving my old life behind,
Thinking of old friends I might never see again,
Remembering the little village I grew up in,
Wondering if I ever return what will be left of what I knew.


Sailing off into the sunset slipping anchor out of the cove,
Time and tide waiting for no man as we chase the setting sun,
Hoping for a good wind in the sails as we head off into the ocean,
The journey just beginning as my homeland fades into the distance.








No comments: