Tuesday, August 27, 2019

TODAY - by Ann Foster.





TODAY


by    Ann Foster.



I say good-bye, 
but I do not want to. 
I say fair-well, 
but I do not mean it. 
Be gone!
No…
I am not angry. 

I am sad, 
I am empty, 
I am left wanting. 

We did not do enough, 
see sufficiently, or speak all the secrets…
that needed telling.

There were songs, yet to hear, 
birds yet to watch, 
more, more, more…
to be done. 

Where you go, 
I can not yet follow. 
Yet, I know “He” is with you there. 
Hold you dearly for me, 
tell you all is well, 
I will be along…
soon. 

When the dawn passes, 
and the afternoon is hot, 
the evening will wane…
The stars will come out.
I will see you again. 

It is hard to wait, 
but the joy of our celebration…, 
will be like the beginning
of time itself. 











No comments: